Research Seminar in Applied Economics and Management
Last update: 13/03/2017
Centre Emile Bernheim
Thursday: from 12.15 p.m. to 1.30 p.m.
Seminar Room R42.2.110
42 av. F.D. Roosevelt, Brussels
Prof. Sandra [dot] Rothenberger [at] ulb [dot] ac [dot] be (Sandra Rothenberger)
Prof. pgmeon [at] ulb [dot] ac [dot] be (Pierre-Guillaume Méon)
Contact Person: vlahaye [at] ulb [dot] ac [dot] be (Véronique Lahaye)
- October 6, 2016: Controversy Without Conflict: The Prevention And Regulatory Functions Of Group Emotional Intelligence by Smaranda Boros (Vlerick Business School, BE)
- Octobre 18, 2016: Capturing The Elusive Convexity of The Relationship Between Acquirers Announcement Returns and The Cash Portion of M&A Payments by Tarcisio B. da Graça (Université du Québec en Outaouais, CA)
- October 20, 2016: Did Africa’s First Choices Matter? Growth Legacies of Leaders at Independence by Christian Bjørnskov (Aarhus University, DK). Co-written with Christina Mangaard Jørgensen (Aarhus University, DK)
- October 27, 2016: Microcredit and financial distress: Evidence from Uganda by Isabel Günther (NADEL ETH Zurich, CH) R42.2.107
- November 3, 2016: Group Rationality by Petru L. Curșeu (Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Naoca, RO & Open University of the Netherlands, Heerlen, NL)
- December 1, 2016: Treatment-Effect Identification Without Parallel-Path. An illustration in the case of Objective 1-Hainaut/Belgium 1994-2006 by Vincent Vandenberghe (IRES-UCL, Economics School of Louvain, BE)
- December 15,2016: T.A.S.T.E - Testing Auditory Solutions towards the improvement of the Tasting Experience by Felipe Reinoso Carvalho (KUL/VUB, BE)
- January 26, 2017: Place of registration and turnout: the detrimental impact of transport cost on electoral participation by Abel François (Lille 1 University, LEM, FR)
- February 16, 2017: Crowding Out in the Labour Market: Do Employers Lend a Hand? by Dieter Verhaest (KU Leuven and Ghent University, BE). Co-written with Elene Bogaert (Ghent University, BE), Jeroen Dereymaeker (KU Leuven, BE), Laura Mestdagh (KU Leuven, BE) and Stijn Baert (Ghent University, University of Antwerp, Université catholique de Louvain, BE and IZA, DE). New room: R42.4.116
- February 23, 2017: Multiple Incentives for Innovation Contests by Johann Füller (University of Innsbruck, AT). ! From 11.00am to 12.15 pm. New room: NB2.VIS !
- March 9, 2017: New Zealander's Attitude Towards and Knowledge of Monetary Policy Issues by Bernd Hayo (Philipps-University Marburg, DE). Co-written with Florian Neumeier (Ifo Institute, University of Munich, DE). New room: R42.4.502.
- March 23, 2017: Age diversity and developmental motives in older workers: the role of occupational future time perspective by Donatienne Desmette (Université catholique de Louvain, BE). Co-written with Hélène Henry (Université catholique de Louvain, BE)
- April 20, 2017: Stijn Baert (Ghent University, University of Antwerp, Université catholique de Louvain, BE and IZA, DE)
- May 4, 2017: Sabine Sczesny (University of Bern, CH)
- May 11, 2017: Kai Gehring (University of Zurich, CH)
- May 18, 2017: Bank Profitability and Risk-Taking when Interest Rates are Negative by Mike Mariathasan (BE, KUL). Co-written with Christoph Basten (CH, FINMA/ETH Zuerich)
- June 1, 2017: It’s not all Sunshine and Lollipops: Servant leadership and “Tough Love” by Robert Liden (University of Illinois, US) and Jeroen Stouten (KU Leuven, BE). Co-written with Meng Zhong (University of Illinois, US).