Brown Bag Seminars 2016-2017
Next BBS: 19.01.17
"Flexible microfinance products to cope with shocks: Evidence from SafeSave" by Carolina Laureti. Co-written with Alain de Janvry and Elisabeth Sadoulet (UC Berkeley).
Last update: 11/01/2017
New Location: Seminar Room R42.2.110
42, av Franklin Roosevelt, Brussels
Contact Person: aurousse [at] ulb [dot] ac [dot] be (Aurélie Rousseaux)
- September 26, 2016: "Omni pricing: The case of virtual products in virtual worlds" by Sandra Rothenberger. Co-written with Marco Couperus. (room R42.2.110)
- November 10, 2016: "Institutional change and diffusion in institutional complexity: the case of Brazil’s solidarity finance" by Camille Meyer. Co-written with Marcos Barros (R42.2.110)
Discussant: Vincent Giolito
- December 22, 2016: "From wrong to right: a multi-source investigation of organizational error management by top executives" by Vincent Giolito. Co-written with Paul Verdin (R42.2.110)
Discussant: Marek Hudon
- January 19, 2017: "Flexible microfinance products to cope with shocks: Evidence from SafeSave" by Carolina Laureti. Co-written with Alain de Janvry and Elisabeth Sadoulet (UC Berkeley).
Discussant: Patrick Reichert (R42.2.110)
- February 9, 2017: "Steam democracy up ! Industrialization-led urban opposition in Napoleonic plebiscites" by Jean Lacroix.
Discussant: Philip Verwimp (R42.2.110)
- March 16, 2017: Carmela Milano (R42.2.110)
- April 27, 2017: Laëtitia Renier (R42.2.110)
- June 22, 2017: Octave De Brouwer (R42.2.107)
- September 29, 2015: "What (should) I want: The role of anticipated emotions in inter-temporal choices" by Claudia Toma (Room: R42.2.110)
- October 22, 2015: "Europe versus US: A new look at the syndicated loan's pricing puzzle" by Aurore Burietz. Co-written with Ariane Szafarz and Kim Oosterlinck. Discussant: Benoit d’Udekem (Room: R42.2.110)
- November 12, 2015: "Neither Black nor White: the Paris Clandestine Gold Market during World War Two" by Kim Oosterlinck. Co-written with Georges Gallais-Hamonno and Thi-Hong-Van Hoang. Discussant: Jean Lacroix (Room: R42.4.118)
- December 17, 2015: "Politics and Banking in Russia: The Rise of Putin" by Laurent Weill. Co-written with Koen Schoors (Ghent University).
Discussant: Nicolas Degive (Room: R42.2.110)
- January 14, 2016: "Europe 2020 Strategy: a quantitative and qualitative approach" by Anne Drumaux. Discussant: Marie Göransson (Room: R42.2.110)
- February 18, 2016: "The French Stock Exchanges in the turmoil of WWI" by Jérémy Ducros
Discussant: Kim Oosterlinck (Room: R42.2.110)
- March 3, 2016: "Blame the Parents? How Financial Incentives Affect Labor Supply and Job Quality for Young Adults" by Ilan Tojerow
Discussant: Carl Deschamps
- May 19, 2016: "Do SMS Messages Increase Conversion? The Effect of SMS Reminders on Medical Appointment Attendance" by Emilie Esterzon
Discussant: Pierre-Guillaume Méon